The Canadian Experience Class for Foreign Workers/Students provides an exciting transition for qualified foreign students and workers who are seeking to become permanent residents of Canada and intend to live outside the province of Quebec. Canada’s 2020-2021 Immigration Program includes up to 17,000 Canadian Experience Class visas.

Eligible study permit and work permit holders who have either graduated from an eligible program of study in Canada or have gained the required Canadian work experience are deemed to have the qualities needed to make a successful transition from temporary to permanent residence. Applicants also enjoy priority processing of their applications for permanent residence by Citizenship & Immigration Canada (CIC). This is a relatively new category that has been created to offer temporary residents in Canada, and represents an excellent opportunity to remain in Canada.

Express Entry – Canadian Experience Class Visa Entitlements

Successful applicants and holders of a Canadian Experience Class visa become permanent residents of Canada. Permanent residents are entitled to live, work and study in Canada on a permanent basis.

Additional benefits of Canadian permanent residence includes access to government-subsidized education and healthcare (Medicare), as well as unrestricted access to Canada’s labour market and its associated insurance and pension benefits. Permanent residents also have the ability to apply for Canadian citizenship and the opportunity to sponsor family members to join them in Canada.

Express Entry – Canadian Experience Class Visa Basic Requirements

There are two main components of the Canadian Experience Class: foreign workers and foreign students.

Under the Foreign Worker component, applicants must have at least 1 year of full-time work experience in Canada in an eligible occupation and have gained the experience with proper work or study permit. In addition, successful candidates will be required to provide satisfactory language testing results and apply while working in Canada or within one year of leaving their job in Canada.

As for the Foreign Student component, graduates of a Canadian post-secondary educational institution must have one year of full-time (or equivalent) work experience in Canada, in an eligible occupation after their graduation.

The work experience must be gained within the two years preceding submission of the application under the Canadian Experience Class. In addition, graduates must have completed either a full-time Canadian post-secondary educational program of at least two years or a one-year Master’s program and an additional year of education in Canada, within a private or public post-secondary educational institution such as a college or a university that is provincially recognized, or Private CEGEPs and provide satisfactory language testing results.

As of January 1, 2015, applicants for the Canadian Experience Class Program will have to apply using the new Express Entry System and complete an Expression of Interest (EOI) profile. Applicants will be placed in a pool of candidates. Applicants with the highest score and ranking in the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) may be invited to apply for permanent residence to Canada and will have 60 days to complete and submit an electronic application for permanent residence. Expression of Interest profiles will be valid for 12 months.

Follow by Email
Follow us on Instagram
Share On WhatsApp