Canadian citizenship can be obtained by submitting a valid application through a period of lawful permanent residence or through adoption by Canadian parents.
Canadian citizenship is highly prized around the world. The many privileges of Canadian citizenship include:
- provincial, federal and municipal benefits,
- the ease of travel into Canada and the US,
- the exemption from the requirement of having to apply for entry visas to many countries around the world,
- the right to participate in Canadian politics,
- and the right to confer citizenship to partners and children.